Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Why I do what I do….

 

Two weeks ago I sat down at the computer to edit,..while loading disks I checked my email and for the first time in a Long time I was heartbroken…

I recieved a letter from a young mother who has recently been in the studio with her beautiful new baby boy. In the letter she was inviting me to his memorial service as he had passed away at only 7 weeks old…She thanked me a million times for taking those images..images she will now cherish forever. She told me I was a huge part of his short life as I had created the best memories of him. My heart SANK!.. I sat in my chair for hours looking at the images we took that day of her sweet babies..I said to myself “ this is why I do this”

Christmas Day this years marks 13 years since I lost my 2 year old son to S.I.D.S …This Thursday is his 15th Birthday… I could feel the pain this mother was feeling as we both lost our children so suddenly. When I lost my son all I had left were the images and memories of his short little life. When I finally got around to sorting the images for a book I saw that I had spent so much time with him and took very little pictures. 

When expecting my daughter I vowed I would take as many pictures as I could…I wanted to have everything she did preserved for a lifetime… Its funny how much an image can impact your life..how much pain and happiness it can bring. How it can bring back memories and remind us of how special the people in our life are….

So I do what I do to give everyone the memories I never had. The images I wish I had of my precious Bradlee… Thanks to everyone for sharing your families and memories with me… I have an amazing collection of images of your families that are now a part of my memories and I hope a huge part of yours…

NOW GET OUT THERE AND TAKE LOTS OF IMAGES!!!!